The roof is one of the most important parts of a home, yet, mostly overlooked because the task of repairing the roof can be quite daunting. A leaky or damaged roof can impact the appearance of your home and could even affect your family’s health, if neglected. Knowing the condition of your roof will determine whether it needs to be repaired or replaced. Here’s what you need to look out for to know if its time to call a roof repair company.
Look out for these indicators:
- A leaky roof - Even a minor leak in the roof calls for a repair. It not only affects the physical structure of the house, it also affects the physical health of the people living in it. The leaking roof causes mildew and mold which could lead to respiratory issues. If you spot water stains on the underside of the roof, it is an indication of a leaking roof.
- Missing, damaged or lost shingles - The forces of nature are very strong and can cause considerable damage to the nails that affix your shingles to the rooftop, to loosen up or pop out. An indication is the small piles of black or gray granules in the gutters and downspout. A few damaged shingles can be replaced, but many of them together indicate the need for a big haul.
- Age of the roof - If your roof is approaching 20 years or so, then it is time to start planning for a new roof. Most roofs come with a life span of 25 years. Some could last longer, but if it is approaching 20 years, it’ll be a good idea to be on the lookout for a roof repair contractor. In the meantime, keep a close eye on its condition.
- Excessive granule loss - The granules on your shingles are designed to keep the sun’s heat away from your house. If you spot more of it in your gutter, it is an indication that its time for roof repairs. Your shingles may have worn out and reached the end of their life.
- Water stains on roof deck- Water stains are an indication that the roof has been leaking and allowing water to run under the shingles. Water stains show that there is something wrong in your roof. If there is a leak, it will only get worse and you will need a roof repair even sooner.
- Any part or your entire roof is sagging- A sagging roof can be noticed even from the inside of your home. This is a clear indication to call a roof repair contractor. The contractor can help determine the cause of the sagging roof and repair it.
Call us for all your roof repair needs
A roof repair does not have to be a daunting task for you. We can make it as simple as a phone call to us. If you find the need to repair your roof, call Gary’s Gutter Service Inc. immediately and ensure yourself a good night rest. You can call us at 800-977–9174/845-450-1006/201-749-5024.