Paula Klein Of Tomkins Cove has been nominated as the “Hero of the month” in Rockland community. “Heroes of the month” recognizes outstanding volunteers and their contributions to the community. Paula Klein is an exemplary Rockland resident who believes in the idea of paying it forward.
About Paula Klein Of Tomkins Cove
“To give of one’s time and talent for a good cause” has always been the heart of Paula Klein. Ever since she was a young girl Paula Klein has gone above and beyond to lend a helping hand to others. She credits her father, a volunteer firefighter and police officer for setting an example for her to aspire to.
When Paula became a mother, she was committed to being involved in her daughter’s school life. She joined the PTA, SIPTA (school improvement planning team) and became a Girl Scout leader. With her involvement in scouting, she was able to delve into a variety of volunteering opportunities. One of which was collecting food for the North Rockland food pantry located at the Stony Point Trinity Methodist Church in 1997. Paula began volunteering there on a regular basis and became involved in all aspects of running the food pantry, from placing food orders, to adding more hours of operation. She was committed to helping in every way she could to better serve her community.
Paula Klein’s Community Service and Involvement
- North Rockland food pantry coordinator: In 2005 Paula was formally asked to run the North Rockland food pantry. She handles grant writing, food purchases, and coordinates with all volunteers.
- Founding member of Rockland Community Against Hunger (RCAH): Paula is a founding member of Rockland Community Against Hunger (RCAH) which is a coalition of food pantries and feeding programs in Rockland. The RCAH organizes two food drives each year. They coordinate with local supermarkets to host different pantries throughout the county to collect food and cash donations. The RCAH’s goal is to distribute recovered food into the hands of numerous pantries who are dedicated to the cause of feeding all of Rockland’s hungry neighbors.
- Coordinating the Great American clean-up: She has been coordinating the Great American clean-up for Stony Point to Keep Rockland Beautiful for the past 10 years. This has been the largest cleanup countywide for the past five years with over 250 volunteers.
- Participated Komen walk: She has participated in the Komen walk fundraiser, She also held a fundraiser alongside several friends and raised over $14,000 one year for Susan G. Komen.
- Volunteered on a fundraiser for breast cancer: She has volunteered at the Mud Run to raise money for breast cancer.
- Participated in a marathon for Leukemia and Lymphoma Society: Paula participated in a half marathon in Nashville, TN and raised over $9,000 for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- Manager for TOUCH.ORG: Paula works as a manager for TOUCH.ORG a food pantry located in Congers, a top food recovery agency in the county. She manages the Rockland and Orange County offices. The agency serves a unique population of chronically ill members and has delivered food as far as Port Jervis, NY.
Gary’s Gutter Service, Inc. – Sponsors of “Heroes of the month”
“Heroes of the month” is sponsored by Gary’s Gutter Service, Inc., a gutter, roofing and chimney service company. Call us at 845-450-1006, 201-749-5024, 800-997-9174 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.