Danger of having a clogged dryer vent
Most homeowners can’t do without a clothes dryer. It has become an essential appliance in most homes today. However, a clothes dryer can become a fire hazard if it is not cleaned regularly and thoroughly. There are about 15 deaths and 400 injuries annually caused by fire lit by a clogged dryer vent. A blocked dryer vent can block the outlet for the poisonous gas fumes to exit the house, thus becoming a hazard. Regularly cleaning the lint trap in your dryer is not enough to prevent a fire from sparking. The dryer vent needs to be cleaned scrupulously. Your home is safe from dryer fires when your dryer vent is clean.
Why do dryer vents need to be cleaned
- When a dryer vent is clogged, the moisture cannot be released outdoors as freely as it should be. As a result, each load needs to run for a longer period of time. Hence, more energy is consumed and there is more wear and tear on your dryer.
- When lint accumulates in the dryer vent, the airflow is blocked and hot air builds up. This could cause a fire and contributes to about a third of dryer fires reported every year.
Warning signs that your dryer needs to be cleaned
- Clothes take longer to dry
- Clothes are not fully dried
- At the end of the cycle, clothes are hotter than usual
- The dryer gets very hot outside
- The laundry room gets more humid than usual
- There is a burnt smell in the laundry room
- The exhaust vent flapper outside does not open very much. This indicates low exhaust velocity.
Professional Dryer Vent Cleaning by Gary’s Gutter Service, Inc.
Expert professionals at Gary’s Gutter Service Inc., can make your dryer work at peak efficiency and save money on your electricity bills. If you’re looking for dryer vent cleaning then look no further. Gary’s Gutter Service Inc., has been providing dryer vent cleaning services for nearly 30 years. When you’re in need of someone to help you with dryer vent cleaning, call us at 845-450-1006 or email at email@example.com.